CBC 52 Secrets

Each week I'll use the concepts of the lesson to provide examples of employee behavior or attitude; one good, one needing improvement. The needing improvement example will be associated with "Tak" and the good example will be associated with "Tik". This will be a regular feature of our weekly blog. I invite you also to add some examples of behaviors or attitudes that might exemplify Tik and Tak that week. If you would prefer, you may submit these anonymously.

Nov 3 Week 6: Love Your Job - Or Leave It.

Did any of you think that this week’s lesson was a bit harsh? “If you don’t like your job, don’t waste your own (and everyone else’s) time.” Is that really what we should be saying?

Actually, the answer is probably yes. I agree with Bonnie Cox that people who don’t like their jobs, tear down the companies they work for, become less concerned with their own performance, and exude negativity. Customers sense it and so do co-workers. When that happens, it would be much healthier for the individual to acknowledge that s/he dislikes his/her job and begins to plan an alternative. Scary, isn’t it? That’s why people stay in jobs they do not like. Even if they dread coming to work every day, at least it is a known commodity. And, they are at least getting a steady paycheck. And, lastly, there are no guarantees that a change will be better. (As we learned from our 1st lesson, sometimes the problem is with the employee’s attitude, not with the company s/he might be working for.) Nevertheless, a change in job functions and in environment can be a very good thing.

I really and truly can’t imagine what it would be like to come to work every day and disliking what I do or whom I work with. I could do if for a short period of time while I honed my skills and made some inquiries about other jobs, but to dislike my job for years on end? Life is just too short for that. So, as Bonnie Cox suggests, change your attitude or change your job and bring some joy back into your life.


TIK & TAK
TAK LIKES JACK. Tak doesn't like his boss. He is always chews his booses slippers whenever he leaves the house because he is resentful that his boss doesn't give hmi the attention he feels he deserves. Tak likes the neighbor Jack. Jack is always jogging. Tak is always thinking to himself... why doesn't my boss jog. I wish my boss jogged like Jack. Then I would be one happy dog.

TIC KNEW HOW TO PICK. Tik was unhappy because he was a country dog and his boss lived in the city. Tic got on the internet and found a dog swapping program that gave him a chance to move to the country. Tic found happiness in his new country home.

1 comment:

Marielle said...

TAK LIKES JACK. Tak doesn't like his boss. He is always chews his booses slippers whenever he leaves the house because he is resentful that his boss doesn't give him the attention he feels he deserves. Tak likes the neighbor Jack. Jack is always jogging. Tak is always thinking to himself... why doesn't my boss jog. I wish my boss jogged like Jack. Then I would be one happy dog.

TIC KNEW HOW TO PICK. Tik was unhappy because he was a country dog and his boss lived in the city. Tic got on the internet and found a dog swapping program that gave him a chance to move to the country. Tic found happiness in his new country home.